Why do people call the Samaritans?
There are many things that could be happening in our lives that might prompt someone to call Samaritans. Everyone’s story is different and we are here to listen to what is on your mind;
135 247 – 24/7 Anonymous Crisis Support.
Reasons you might call us could be:
- Relationship or family problems
- Loss and bereavement
- Financial worries or job-related anxiety
- School, college or study-related stress
- Illness – your own or someone you care for
- Addiction or substance abuse
- Thoughts of suicide.
Sometimes it’s really hard to put your finger on what’s going so it can be helpful to be aware of the signs.
Are you experiencing some of these?
- I don’t look forward to things as much as I used to
- I have difficulty facing the day; I don’t want to get out of bed
- I’m having trouble sleeping
- I don’t feel like talking with or being around other people
- I am feeling more emotional than usual
- I don’t feel like I can manage doing everyday things
- I don’t feel like doing things that I usually enjoy
- I am easily agitated or frustrated
- I have found myself drinking alcohol or taking other drugs more than I used to in order to cope with my feelings
- I have lost interest in my appearance or have become overly worried about the way I look
We can offer you a referral for other agencies and support services if needed.